1. We can make a brunch date at Dunkin Donuts feel like the most romantic morning of your life. Libras are the ultimate romantics. We want everything to be water-colored and warmly lit. We don’t believe in letting a single day pass by without creating something beautiful in it, even if that means making the most of the mundane (and that, right there, is the magic.)
2. Because we’re so indecisive, we thrive on decisiveness… that makes us the true “ride or die” of the zodiac. We don’t let many people into our lives, but when we do, we love and protect and take care of them with everything we’ve got. To be in a truly committed relationship with a Libra is to become their best friend and closest confidant and most passionate lover, and to receive all of that back twice-over.
3. Above all else, Libras love the ability to connect emotionally, and have a really hard time fully engaging with something (or sticking to it) unless our hearts are in it completely. While that definitely makes us a bunch of heartbreakers, it also means that we’re always seeking deeper levels of connection. You never have to worry about your relationship with a Libra being shallow (though their love for all things aesthetic and beautiful may raise your concerns.)
4. Libras are cardinal leaders, and aren’t afraid to take charge. In the bedroom, with Friday night plans, in tense social situations, in generally navigating our way through life. There’s nothing as s..xy as confidence, and confidence is synonymous with assertiveness, and when it comes to being the one to pave the way, Libras are ahead of the pack no matter what.
5. We’re highly social but very shy; we’re outgoing introverts, if you will. This means that sure we’ll want to accompany you to that get together you were kind of on the fence about, and we’ll make sure you have a damn great time while you’re there. But once that’s over, we’re going to want to just spend the next day in doing nothing (and loving it.) You get the best of both worlds: the social butterfly and the committed partner who wants nothing more than a cozy Saturday night together.
6. We’re in love with luxury, but simple luxury. We appreciate the finer things in life but don’t feel the need to actually be extravagant about them. We like poetry as much as we like nights out on the town. We like candlelit dinners and nice wine, but nothing gaudy or over the top. It’s in that elegant simplicity that we master a sort of true luxury that’s all our own.
7. We’re highly intuitive, we’ll know what you want before you know what you want. Which is maybe one of the most important aspects of a relationship (allow your imagination to roam…)
8. We’re notoriously romantic. We never stop trying, we never give up hope, and we never stop believing that every day can’t be an opportunity to be swept off our feet. (It’s a sort of childlike wonder that we refuse to give up.)
9. We know how to turn on the charm. If nothing else, we are the best wedding dates, the prime candidates for Meeting The Parents and generally social life jackets whenever you’re feeling stressed or uneasy.
10. Our homeostasis is healing. We only feel as good as we are making other people feel good, if not better. We’ll be the first to dive into whatever you’re worrying about and dismantle the logic for you. We’ll be there while you figure just about everything out. We’re the best listeners, and even better counselors.
11. We’re melodramatic as all hell. And while that’s not everybody’s cup of tea, it’s a huge plus when it comes to romance. You can’t be romantic and not be melodramatic. Romance is inherently melodramatic. The difference is that we just exist in that state all the time.
12. We’re indulgent. We absolutely love to treat ourselves, and we want to bring you along. Our ideal day is getting a massage and our favorite meal and so on. We live to please ourselves, and that naturally extends to whomever we’re in a relationship with as well.
13. We’re in love with love. So we’re always seeking it out, and extending all the trappings of new romance far into the relationship. We don’t believe that love should ever die… and that if it does, you’ve just forgotten to reignite the flame.
14. Venus rules s..x, and Venus rules Libra. While that says something about our s..xual appetites, it also says something more about the way we come across. We embody and appreciate and are very conscious of our s..xuality.
15. Libras need to be as zen and relaxed as possible. Despite being dramatic, we don’t cause or sustain actual drama. We seek peace no matter what, and truly feel “home” when we’re with the people (and in the space) that makes us feel most grounded within ourselves.
16. When we throw ourselves in, we throw ourselves hard. When we love, we love with everything we have, and we don’t hold back. We’re like this with our careers, our friendships, everything. No matter what it is, we’re either in it 110% or not at all. Dating a Libra woman is like signing up to be loved more than you ever thought was possible. (How are you not convinced by now?)